Socks and Sandals used to bring to mind old men with plaid shorts watering their lawn and socks with high heels makes you think of flash dance right?
but it doesn't have to be that way.. actually, socks and sandals or even high heels can be quite chic - the look trends often on lookbook.nu, but don't be afraid to try this look yourself. It is easy if you keep some simple rules.
1. Match the socks to the over all look in both color and texture. They shouldn't be the center of attention.
2. Consider the texture of the socks and how it adds layers and complexity to the shoe. It should compliment not distract.
3. Consider the height of the socks and how it works with your body type and leg length. Never work with lengths that make your legs look stubby or thick. Shorter socks are better for tall thin figures, while taller socks with some bunch room can make shorter legs look longer.
4. Be appropriate for where you are going, this look is great for the club or a night out, but won't work in the office. Use lace when you are trying to go for a sexier look.
5. Take summer sandals and wedges with you into winter by adding textured socks or tights. Keep those toes warm and create a fab look at the same time!
5. Create layers with colors and textures for a really unique looks.
6. Be bold with color, but be sure the colors compliment each other - primary colors work best. Have fun when you are going to parties, the mall or clubs...
7. Mix it up. Try different things, see what works!
SOME DON'T DO'S
DON'T WEAR SOCKS THAT ARE TOO THIN WITH SHOES THAT FORCE YOUR FOOT FORWARD OVER THE LIP OF THE SHOE,THIS CREATES THE UNDESIRABLE LOOK ABOVE...
DON'T WEAR SPORTS SOCKS OR THICK SOCKS THAT BUNCH UP OVER THE EDGES OF SHOES OR MAKE THEM LOOK TOO SMALL FOR YOU. NEVER ALLOW THE SOCKS TO CREATE A BULGE OVER THE SIDES OR INSTEP OF SHOE, THIS IS NOT GOOD!
DON'T WEAR FISH NETS UNLESS THE TOE IS RE-ENFORCED OR THE INCLINE OF THE SHOE AND THE OPENING ALLOW FOR IT WITHOUT CREATING THIS STRAINED LOOK ABOVE.. YOU CAN BE BOLD WITH COLOR, BUT TRY NOT TO CLASH LIKE THIS MAUVE AND TURQUOISE ...